Do you have a soft spot for BB creams? Then, you might feel the same way for this brand and its upgraded version of BB creams that have been capturing many hearts from all over the world. Or could this be the BB cream you’re already using? Meet Skin79 BB Creams.
Why do BB (Blemish Balm) creams are becoming more and more popular these days?
As an avid BB cream user, I can definitely say that it’s because of the many benefits it offers your skin, and not just coverage. Most BB creams have the highest SPF to protect you from the harmful UV rays, whitening properties to help eliminate those dark spots cause by acne breakouts, and anti-wrinkle benefits to smoothen those fine lines, just to name a few. So, if you love BB cream, or on your way to fall in love with one, I don’t blame you.
For those who are unfamiliar with BB creams, they’re what you can call the lighter version of foundations but with the added skin benefits! Basically, it gives your skin the needed TLC, not only coverage.
So, what are SKIN79 BB Creams?
SKIN79 is a well-known Korean skincare and makeup brand, it is also the 1st original brand which brought the BB cream’s product into the cosmetic market.
It has already sold more than 700,000 bottles of BB cream in Korea and is also the favourite and must-use product for Korean stars. SKIN79′s products come from organic plant-based ingredients and are truly a natural skin care brand. Long-term use will not cause any problems on the skin, and can also play a basic protective effect against acne and skin problems.
My skin type: Fair skin tone — with combination/oily skin type (T-zone mainly) — plus dry patches and dark spots. I have ‘em all! And don’t even get me started with those fine lines!
- Vital Cream - Osmopur-N and Vital-V Complex, Chamomile extracts, Arbutin, Argania Oil – make skin looks lively & the highest SPF50+
- Hot Pink – Tangerine Oil, Arbutin, Ceramide3, Phyto complex, Adenosine, Osmopur – has a 10-1 step solution
- VIP Gold – Gold and Caviar and Swiss Almond Oil – skin restoration
- Snail Nutrition - 45% of the Korean Snail Secretion Filtrate,Linaria, Peptide, Viscount tree sap – prevent skin damages
- All four have whitening and wrinkle improvement properties.
Next picture is the swatches of Skin79 BB Creams — according to my arrangement above. Taken with natural light and no enhancement applied on this picture.
- Vital BB Cream has the highest at SPF50+ PA+++
- Followed by Snail Nutrition at SPF45 PA+++
- Then Hot Pink BB Cream and VIP Gold BB Cream – SPF25 PA++
- Between the four, Snail Nutrition has a very runny texture, and you could see this in the pictures above & below, how it looks like a ‘blob’ compare to others.
Quick note: Although this is not what you can call a full review post (as four to be reviewed at once would be a long one), what I’ve done is put some of the important aspects I would be looking out for as a buyer, before I purchase a BB product.
- Vital Cream has more of a yellowish undertone, while Hot Pink has a darker undertone (more like a Honey Beige type) compare to the rest. Also, check out Hannah’s wonderful review on Vital BB Cream here.
- VIP Gold is just a tad lighter than Hot Pink, however this has more of a grey-ish undertone between the four.
- Snail Nutrition – surprisingly – is my favourite due to its beige-y shade, but with a peachy undertone. This seems to compliment my skin tone better, although I thought that Vital Cream would be the right one for me at first because of the yellowish undertone.
In this picture, it seems clear that Hot Pink and VIP Gold might give you the same outcome due to their shade similarity here. But I’ve put a table together to give further comparison between the four.
Vital BB cream offers a matte-finish and would suit someone with an oily skin type. I prefer Snail Nutrition as it gives you that dewy look, followed by Hot Pink, then VIP Gold.
Any unpleasant or noticeable smell?
- Vital Cream’s smell is very noticeable, and might be overpowering for some, especially if you’re not keen on the smell of Chamomile. I find it soothing, so I don’t really mind.
- Next, would be the Snail Nutrition with a floral-type scent, and surprisingly pleasant to your senses. While Hot Pink and VIP Gold, both have similar bar-soap-like scent that becomes unnoticeable once you’ve applied and blended it.
If you ask me, SKIN79 BB Cream is definitely worth a try, and if you’re unsure which shade might suit your skin tone best, why not try the miniature set? This will give you a much better idea without having to waist a full size version, if it’s not the correct shade — plus 5g goes a long way! I’ve been using mine for a while, probably over 3 weeks or so, and I’ve not run out yet!