Regardless of how much my skincare routine has evolved over the years, there’s one particular routine that simply hasn’t changed. Putting my lip balm on last thing at night and first thing in the morning or several times during the day. It’s a habit I’m quite proud of, and if you’re on the same boat, so should you!
Obviously, not all lip balms curated out there are everyone’s cuppa since we all have our own preferences and levels of moisturizing needs for our pout, plus add the type of season to that. But if there are 10 best lip balms you need to check out especially this winter, I would highly recommend the list below.
These lip balms have one mission — hydrate your lips the healthier way, aka these brands have skipped all the harsh chemicals that you shouldn’t be putting on your lips in the first place.
In no particular order:
1. eos in Coconut Milk – I absolutely love this flavor (and I must have tried at least 6 flavors from this brand)! The best way I can put it is tropical paradise on your lips! Coconut and pineapple, yum! Petrolatum, parabens and gluten-free.
2. Epic Blend in More Moisture Cherry – did you see my ‘epic’ review on this brand? Epic Blend offers the following category based on your preference i.e. More Moisture, Hemp, Vegan and now, they have Tinted lip balms also. This flavor smells delicious! Gluten-free, non-GMO, petroleum-free and not tested on animals.
3. Long Winter Farms in Unicorn Farts – I found this little gem while browsing Etsy last year and if unicorn farts did have a spearmint and a hint of pink cotton candy smell, then by all means blast it on. LOL
4. Lavera Lip Balm Pomegranate Repair – this contains Organic Pomegranate & high-quality Organic Brazil Nut Oil to regenerate dry lips. I’m a lip balm junkie so as soon as I got this from my friend Luchessa (Beauty Expression), I had to swipe it on my pout right now. Free of preservatives petrochemical derivatives & artificial dyes.
5. Ellovi Lip Butter – A six-ingredient lip balm. Yes. Ellovi likes to keep things simple and I love it! Don’t believe me? Here are the ingredients: Sunflower, macadamia, Hawaiian coconut, shea, hemp seed, and Ghanaian marula. It can’t get any better than that.
Need extra moisture for your lips? Check out below:
6. Dr Organic Virgin Coconut Lip Serum – slightly thicker consistency compare to the five lip balms above, this lip serum will definitely offer you the extra TLC your lips require this winter. The coconut and caramel scent makes this a sweet treat for your lips.
7. Dr Lipp Nipple Balm For Lips – if you’re suffering with super dry or chapped lips, then hook up with Dr Lipp. Originally formulated for new mothers facing sore nipples (yes, they gave me similar product at the hospital while breastfeeding AJ for the first time – and it worked like magic!), this lip balm is ultra hydrating and also a multi-tasker since you can use it on your cuticles, feet or any areas suffering from dryness. 100% natural
8. Jack Black Lip Balm in Lemon & Chamomile with SPF 25 – it’s the perfect ‘drink’ for your lips and I’m a fan due to the SPF. Formulated without parabens,sulfates and phthalates.
9. Jane Iredale LipDrink with SPF15 & UVA P++ Protection – hydrating, makes my lips
feel smooth and the lemon scent is quite indulging. Petroleum free and vegan.
10. Kari Gran Lip Whip (tinted) – I’m obsessed with this lip whip (as you can see I’m almost at the bottom) and since I’m a big peppermint fan, it was no surprise that I’ve fallen for it the moment I opened the pot. You can find more on this product HERE. Contains natural, organic, wild harvested and non-GMO ingredients.
And this my friend is my list of 10 best lip balms I currently own, have tried and tested.