Step Three: Take Your Emails to the Next Level
Once you’ve built your foundation, the next step is to build on your momentum and take your email to the next level. At this point, you’ve grown your subscriber list and mastered your email campaigns — now you’re ready to advance your emails even further.
Incorporate Advanced Personalization Elements
At this point, you should be incorporating simple personalization tactics into your email marketing strategy. But if you’re not already incorporating personalization, now’s the time to start.
Adding personalization to your email marketing is a great way to increase engagement across the board. From clicks and opens to increased revenue dollars — personalization will help take your email strategy to the next level.
The more you personalize your content, the more customers will engage with your emails. While using personalization in the subject line might bring people in, personalization within the message is vital. Image courtesy of Statista.
Whether you choose to add personalization to simply your email subject lines or personalize your entire message — it will all make a big impact on your email metrics.
There are plenty of ways you can take your personalization a step further, here are a few different ways to take your personalization above and beyond:
- Track purchase and browsing behaviors to send product reminder emails
- Send relevant product recommendations based on customer interests
- Create reminder emails to let customers know about upcoming events
- Celebrate anniversaries and birthdays to let customers know you’re thinking about them
- Utilize dynamic content to easily pull information in and personalize every message
No matter how you decide to incorporate personalization into your email marketing strategy, you’ll find that your metrics will continue to increase. By taking your personalization a step further, you’ll see higher campaign performance and increase the overall customer experience.
Utilize Predictive Technology
The next step in taking your email marketing to the next level is utilizing predictive technology. This means using the data you have about your customers and predicting the content that your customers will want next.
Predictive technology is one of the top marketing activities that companies expect to have an impact on their business in coming years.
Marketers have identified predictive analytics as one of the marketing tactics that will have the biggest impact on their business. Image courtesy of Smart Insights.
There are a number of different ways that predictive technology can be used to take your email marketing to the next level.
Here are a few ways that you can utilize predictive analytics in your email marketing:
- Understand customer purchase intent and send a tailored message to their interests
- Predict when customers are most likely to purchase next and send emails to encourage the next purchase
- Understand their product and category preferences and provide recommended items based on this
Predictive technology is a great way to make your emails stand out from the crowd. From sending predictive recommendations to understanding purchase intent — it will all provide you with insights to take your email marketing to the next level.